New Release!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome Iris Deorre, author of The Whitby Ghost


Good morning everyone. I am pleased to welcome Iris Deorre to the blog. She is promoting her new release:

The Whitby Ghost




A little more about Iris Deorre:

Iris Deorre started to write when she was seventeen. At the time it was a form of escapism. By the time she hit her twenties she was writing short stories and got one published in a women’s magazine. She went on to write short plays but after meeting a well-known author who taught a writers class her focus changed to Erotica. Her love for paranormal is what makes her combine the two.

She resides in the UK with her little girl.


For her guest post today, Iris would like to share with you where the idea for The Whitby Ghost came from. It is a very intersting story indeed.


Where The Idea of The Whitby Ghost Came From
by Iris Deorre

A friend and I went to Whitby for a weekend break. It was supposed to have been a great relaxing break but because of some underlying issues it ended up being a little bit strained and in the end it ended in a shouting match. I laugh about this now as it was so silly at the time. I’m a fan of the paranormal and had been speaking to my friend about it while we were in Whitby but unfortunately he wasn’t into that sort of thing and made the break less of a fun thing to do.

Even though he wasn’t sold on the paranormal idea I began to form stories in my head, write notes about places we visited. Roy in the Whitby Ghost is a lot like my friend in the way he doesn’t believe in the paranormal and also the way he dismisses Melisa’s dreams. My friend would brush away the slightest possibility that something unusual could be possible the same way Roy brushes away Melisa’s experiences.

When we visited the Whitby Abbey I got the ‘Wow’ feeling the ‘what if’. I loved the fact that I could walk through the Abbey and listen to the history about the place. I remember standing in awe of the grounds and asking my friend to take a picture of me with my phone; this gave me the idea of how the ghost showed up on Melisa’s mobile phone, trying to get a message across.

The B&B we stayed at also gave me lots of ideas. It was a cosy little place run by an elderly couple.  We had arrived late that night with not much lighting to show the surroundings that made the place feel a little eerie. The way pebbles crunched under our feet as we headed for the door, the sound of sheep bleating in the darkness and the sound of trickling water behind us made the place fell haunted, as if at that moment a ghost would appear in the darkness. It was a perfect setting for a spooky story. The very next morning brought more surprises as we headed out after breakfast; just outside the B&B was a church I hadn’t recognised the night before. The title The Man in the Black coat originated from this discovery.

When I got back home from my exhausting but yet fruitful weekend, bubbling with writing ideas I wrote a short story on my blog titled The Whitby Ghost. It began with Roy taking Melisa away on a weekend away, to surprise her. I really began to get into the story and began to post short pieces everyday until I decided to turn it into a short novella. It just started to take on a life of its own.

The Whitby Ghost began on a weekend away that was supposed to be a relaxing weekend. I can say one thing about that weekend; I came up with a story idea. Whitby managed to inspire me despite the weekend I had. Its beautiful scenery and history and my love for Dracula gave me the inspiration to write this story. A story that I really enjoyed writing.

                                                                   ~~~~~~

The Whitby Ghost is the latest story from Iris Deorre.

Roy has a past he'd rather forget. To overcome it he takes his girlfriend Melisa to Whitby, the very place of his past that he is trying to forget. Roy believes it's the only way to move on and to forget it by moving on with his future, Melisa.

But something is lurking in Whitby, something that Melisa becomes sensitive to the minute they arrive. What she discovers is hard to swallow. What follows is a journey to the other side. Something she'd rather forget.

Will Melisa marry her boyfriend who refuses to talk about his past? Or will his past bring them closer?

Buy Now:
The Whitby Ghost DE



Iris Deorre's appearance here today is part of her virtual book tour with Honey Bee Promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.scrollbox { height:100px; width:400px; overflow:auto; }