New Release!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome SPOOK-A-LICIOUS Blog Hoppers! (Oct 17-24)



Spook-a-licious: 
Where Boo-ks Devour You Blog Hop! 
 
First things first:

THE RULES:

1) HAVE FUN!!!

2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!

3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 17, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
    THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 24, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
    Winners will be drawn and posted October 25th! ***

4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS & BOOK PAGES! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!
 5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR & BOOK PAGE IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!


6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!***Authors & Book Pages have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***



Enter to WIN an Ecopy of Grey's Lady, An EROTIC Regency Era Romance Set in Philadelphia, PA.





A Uniquely American Set Regency.


A strong-minded, spirited seductress about to meet her match.

A stubborn, determined merchant prince about to encounter a force he cannot control.

A very different Cinderella story.


An erotic fairy-tale of Philadelphia, the Athens of America in 1812.

Beth's motto is to love them once and leave them burning. Grey vows to possess her body and soul.
Who will win their battle of wills?




Want to Read More? Click Red Banner to Read the First Chapter:
By clicking the link below, you affirm that you are 18 or older and have reached the age of majority in your country of residence. If you are not 18 or older, don't click:






Grey’s Lady
Book one in the Carte Blanche Series

Seeking sexual excitement and conquest, poor but beautiful Beth seduces wealthy merchant prince Grey Sexton, only to find herself the pursued as he seeks to own her body and soul.
In Philadelphia, PA 1812


Flouting the moral standards of Jeffersonian America, temptress Beth McConnell lets no man touch her heart. Her motto is love them once and leave them burning.
But when she boldly seduces Grey Sexton, a self-controlled merchant prince from New York, she finds herself too fascinated by his ice-over-fire nature to stay away. His possessive determination to own her, body and soul, threatens to expose her secret erotic life to public shame.
But Beth will only surrender her love to a man she can trust. And Grey's materialistic approach to relationships leaves her little reason to believe he can ever give her what she truly needs.
For these two cynical yet lonely people, can deep sexual intimacy work a miracle and lead to the opening of their hearts?
Heat Level: EROTIC 18 + ONLY


The sequel to Grey’s Lady is titled White Lace and Promises
 and is scheduled
for release Dec 26, 2011.
 







Enter to Win a Copy of Grey’s Lady.

What do you need to do?

1. You must be 18 or older and have reached the Age of Majority in your country of residence.
2. Become a follower of this blog.
3. Answer this question: Describe your idea Historical Romance Hero.

That’s it.

All other choices are optional and increase your chances of winning but are not necessary to enter.






19 comments:

  1. I think my ideal hero would have to be just as passionate as me. Tall, handsome,smart and all that jazz of course. Thank you for being a part of the hop! The book sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for joining the blog hop and hosting a giveaway. :)

    Terri M
    oklahomamommy0306@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorafic, thanks for stopping by and entering the contest. Yes, I agree a passionate hero is a good thing. :)

    Good evening, Terri M. Thanks for commenting. What is your ideal historical romance hero? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. desitheblonde@msn.com
    my hero is some one who safe girl form
    the bad guys and then i read a lot so i can not
    tell you all the way i can come up with good guy or bad guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Desi,

    I agree, protectiveness is a great trait in a historical romance hero. :)

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some traits I admire in romance heroes of any era are strength of character, the commitment to doing what is right, willingness to work hard, devotion to the right woman/family, and humility to admit when one might possibly be wrong. And a sense of humor is always a plus! Fun question, Natasha! Do you think that historical heroes are inherently different than modern ones? If yes, how?

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping by to say 'Hi' to a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love erotic reads especially in a historical invironment. I think because men and women were more mannared and proper in the way they went about dating even though they had a wild rough side to them that was aching to get free. There is just something about a hansome soldier or a Lord in charge, so manly. I'm not keen on weak females, I tend to like the ones who are rebellious which is what I see myself as if I lived back then. LOL

    Are the females in your historical reads the wining kind or are they kick ass and strong?

    Thanks for the giveaway,

    mrsqueentutt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in also - great pix here! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My ideal historical romance hero...would be tall, dark, handsome, brave, strong, loyal, dashing, humorous, sexy, rich...and know how to treat/keep his woman! I love historical romances...and wish I had someone to help me get dressed and fix my hair, etc everyday...not to mention take care of the cooking, cleaning and other domestic chores! How about you...would you like to have someone attending you?

    GFC follower - Barbara
    barbbattaglia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good evening Barbara,

    It'd be wonderful to have someone take care of the chores but I am really particular about having anyone else in my kitchen. It would have to be a really special person.

    It would be nice to have a masseuse. :) A tall. dark handsome one would be really, really nice.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Evening Everyone! :)

    F Chen,

    I think historical heroes are different in the way they were raised and the codes of behavior that were ingrained in them.

    Ronda,

    My heroines are often rebellious but they will be rebellious in ways that fit with their times. What we would consider tame behavior would have been very shocking in their times. Beth definitely steps outside the cultural norms and she is definitely rebelling against her times and what others expect from her. She certainly has a wild side that she keeps repressed and only lets out under certain, very improper circumstances.

    If you feel so inclined, please describe more of what you don't like about historical romance heroines. Where do you think the line goes between a heroine being a believable character of the past and just being wimpy and whinny?

    Hello Meg, I am glad you like the pictures. I am currently trying to rearrange things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not really sure. I'd love someone who's a bit or a bad boy and willing to break the rules but still has strong morals. Oh and since we're doing ideals can he be really rich and handsome, because historical means we're going to be stuck in the past and if I'm going to have to live without all my books, tv and plumbing I'd like to atleast get some luxuries of the time. Thanks for the giveaway!

    jessicamariesutton(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Natasha, To answer you question about the female heroine's, I dont know really what to say but I just think a historical is much better when there is a strong and rebellious female that takes control of her destiny and not what the times of her family heritage has planned for her.

    There is nothing wrong with a female showing her emotions, it's just for me since I am very independent myself it anoyes me to read about a nagging female or one who crys over every little detail, say for instance the sight of a gun is improper or may scare her and she may be afraid to pick it up or even shoot it or god forbid faint at the sight of one. I like the females who take the challenge and not be scared and can forget about being proper.

    There is nothing wrong with being a lady but at the same time being able to take care of herself and not have to have a man to do everything for her. However, at the same time, it is just about every womens fantasy to have a night in shinning armor rescue her from all the BS she is fighting against in hopes that he will accept her as she is and not try to change her and treat her as an equal.

    Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with wining females because some men like those type of females. It just all depends what is appealing to the reader. Me I an rough around the edges and love a challenge and would want my man just as challenging or I'd lose interest.

    You know come to think of it, I think I probably would of lived a short life because I cant see myself being controlled by a man or even by my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ronda,

    Thanks for the great answer. :) I would have to say that for me in my writing it would depend on the character and their backstory.

    I always want my heroines to be determined and brave but they have to start where they are. And sometimes they have to learn new ways of coping with life. I really enjoy flawed characters that have a significant character arc. This is interesting to me.

    If the character was sheltered all her life and comes face-to-face with a gun, sure she might feel like she wants to cry or get really scared. But I would like for her to be brave in how she deals with it. To be brave even through her shaking or tears. So many upper class and many middle class women were sheltered in the time periods I write about. Sometimes they have different circumstances in their backstory. For example, Beth has a real reason why she's so sexually experienced and it is what makes who she is when the story transpires. But this is how she came to be as a character.

    Sara in Waltz of Seduction is a very different heroine. She's naturally shy and has been sheltered by her fabulously wealthy merchant father. When the story opens, she's intimidated at having married into an aristocratic family (to a man she loved, she had no reason to rebel or resist) and she feels insecure because she's plain. But her way of being brave is to step out of her comfort zone to attract her husband's erotic attention. When she wears a red ball gown out in society, for her character, in her circumstances, it's a HUGE step. When she opens up to her husband about sex, that's another huge step for her because things like that just aren't spoken of even between husband and wife in their time, in their social class.

    So, for me, it all really depends on the individual character and their backstory and circumstances. But I certainly want them to be determined and brave in ways that suit their character and for them to make progress along their character arc.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. just stopping by to say hi! not entering just visiting though you had me sold on erotic historical romance and now i must read it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoy historical romances, and this one sounds like one of those...with the 'who will win the battle of wills' my historical romance hero, would have to be someone strong minded, but also willing to compromise, express his emotions and best of all pamper me ;)
    New GFC follower Eva Perez

    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.scrollbox { height:100px; width:400px; overflow:auto; }