New Release!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cover Reveal: GREY'S LADY, #Erotic Regency Romance, #Erotica

Happy Friday Everyone,

Back in August 2010, I began writing GREY'S LADY from an idea that had been working on me for some time (haunting me). I was inspired to name the hero Gray after reading about the New England Merchants of the Federalist period in the USA, especially William Gray.

I intended to write a very different story, a very mainstream, sensual-to-spicy romance with a typical mainstream heroine. So there I was writing away at a scene about that hero and his backstory. An unrelated scene came to me. It was in a man's point of view and he showed me this moment in a Philadelphia bookseller’s when he saw this beautiful woman who had sad eyes. He was pierced by her look, flooded by his own emotions. He is a person who prefers to avoid emotion in himself and others.

But he couldn’t look away. She came closer to him and engaged him in a very bold way. A way he couldn’t possibly ignore. There was no escape from the feelings she evoked in him. He communicated to me his bewilderment, how painful it was to have the protective shield he kept between himself and his own feelings suddenly ripped away by a single glace from this unknown woman.

He was telling me his story, pressuring me to listen. He didn’t care that I was trying to write another, very different story. His life was changed in that one moment, he had no control over it. He needed someone to listen.


I fell in love with the characters and I knew I had to tell their story. I began submitting GREY'S LADY in the late winter 2011.

GREY'S LADY was accepted for publication by Total-e-Bound Publishing in April of 2011 and was published on August 8, 2011. Total-e-Bound Publishing is a UK publisher and they use British spelling, so Gray became Grey.

Now in August again, it is my pleasure to reveal the cover for an expanded, deepened and fully re-edited version of GREY'S LADY that I hope to release under my imprint Hearts Aflame Press imprint sometime this fall, no later than December.

To avoid confusion for readers, I have decided to keep the spelling Grey in this new expanded and deepened version.

This cover was created by Talina Perkins of Bookin' It Designs.



 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha!

    I just wanted to let you know how much I love the cover of Grey's Lady! I can't wait for it's release.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.scrollbox { height:100px; width:400px; overflow:auto; }