New Release!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Author @KatieMettner shares her sweet #lesbian #romance ~ AFTER THE SUMMER ENDS ~ #LGBT #Kindle



Hello Everyone,

Today it is my pleasure to welcome a fellow Indie author to the blog. Please say hello to Katie Mettner:

Thanks for sharing my new release, After Summer Ends, on your blog, Natasha!

I wrote Summer and Willow’s story for a very personal reason, my daughter. She identifies with the LGBT community and one day told me that she was having a hard time finding a sweet lesbian love story on Amazon. I found it hard to believe, and set about looking, but she was right. 

Many of the lesbian romances I came across were either erotica or about women much older than she is. I felt compelled to write to not only write the book, but to present it in a loving, accepting way for other new adults who may be looking for the same kind of story to read. Summer and Willow are from a small town in Minnesota and I hope the book highlights some of the struggles gay couples come across in Middle America. 

Mostly, I hope Summer and Willow’s story touches the reader’s heart, and whether straight or gay, teaches that love is the greatest four letter word of all.




Blurb:
My name is Willow Erwin, and I hate summer. My mother always said hate is a strong word, but in this case, it’s the right one. I haven’t found one good thing about the season. Most people tell me since I’m a teacher that reason alone should make it my favorite season, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. For me, summer brings everything I abhor; bugs, heat, sweating, and painful memories of a woman I will never see again.

Then, in the wink of one very beautiful blue eye, all of that changed. This is the story of Summer and how she taught me to love her. It’s about her quiet, and sometimes fearful, way of teaching me to embrace the moment, and to live recklessly. It’s about how both of us learned to forgive, to hope, to pray, and to love, even after summer ends.





Bio:
Katie Mettner writes inspirational romance from a little house in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. She's the author of three series: The Sugar Series, The Northern Lights Series, and the Snowberry Holiday Series, all set in Minnesota. Her series are a mix of new adult and romantic suspense. After Summer Ends is Katie’s first lesbian romance, but many readers may recognize Willow Erwin from The Northern Lights Series.
Katie lives with her soul mate, whom she met online at Thanksgiving and married in April. Together they share their lives with their three children and two leopard geckos. After suffering an especially bad spill on the bunny hill in 1989, Katie became an amputee in 2011, giving her the much-needed time to pen her first novel, Sugar's Dance. With the release of Sugar's story, Katie discovered the unfilled need for disabled heroes and heroines. Her stories are about empowering people with special circumstances to find the one person who will love them because of their abilities, not their inabilities. Katie has a slight addiction to Twitter and blogging, with a lessening aversion to Pinterest now that she quit trying to make the things she pinned.




 Excerpt:

Summer. It’s a word easily defined for most people. It’s the season of hot days and warm nights, hotdogs on the grill, cold beer in the cooler, and kids out of school splashing in the lake. It’s the season of fireworks and fireflies, cotton nightgowns, and cotton candy. Simply put, it’s the season of childhood saved up in a jar then set on our mind’s shelf for all eternity. For most people, that’s enough. For most people, those things are all they need to define summer.

My name is Willow Erwin and I’m not most people. If I could wipe summer off the map, I would. I hate everything about it, from the heat, to the bugs, to the fair. I don’t know when it happened, to be honest. Maybe it happened when my mom insisted I go to the camp for children with special needs year after year. I hated it there, but I never told her that. I knew it was the one week out of the year she didn’t have to take care of me. That made the two weeks it took for the bug bites to heal, and my bones to stop aching, almost worth it, almost. Maybe I started to hate summer the year my parents died in a car accident while I was away at that horrible camp. It’s possible, okay most likely, I hate summer because it took away from me the most important person in my life.

Sitting here many summers later, I can see how everything came together then to put me on the path I’m on now. I’m a twenty-four-year-old English teacher about to write her own story. Captured in these pages are the ways I learned to love Summer, for all the right reasons. It’s how I learned to define Summer, and myself, one day at a time, until we no longer had to wonder what would happen, after summer ends.




To Buy Now:
After Summer Ends on Amazon US
After Summer Ends on Amazon UK
After Summer Ends on Amazon CA
After Summer Ends on Amazon AU
After Summer Ends on Goodreads

 Connect with Katie Mettner Online:

Find all of Katie’s books on Amazon
Read about more of Katie's adventures as an amputee writer on The View From The Other Side
Follow Katie on Twitter
Come chat with Katie on Facebook
Katie would love to see you on TSU
Are you a Pinner? Pin with Katie at Sugarsballroom






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful post for After Summer Ends! My hope is to get the story out to those who are aching to read literature they can relate to. Your willingness to help spread the word really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie,

    It's my pleasure. Best of luck and many sales on your new release. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.scrollbox { height:100px; width:400px; overflow:auto; }