New Release!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Color of Love Blog Hop -- Celebrating interracial #romance novels. #ColorofLoveHop



Hello readers! The Color of Love annual celebration of people of color in romance novels is back. This event is organized by  +Nana Prah  and +Empi Baryeh  and Kiru Taye.



Grand Prizes

1st Prize - $75 Gift Card + 6 eBook bundle

2nd Prize - $50 Gift Card + 5 eBook bundle

3rd Prize - $30 Gift Card + 5 eBook bundle

4th Prize - $15 Gift Card + 5 eBook bundle

5th Prize - $10 Gift Card + 5 eBook bundle

6th prize - $5 Gift Card + 5 eBook bundle

Hello Everyone and welcome to my stop on the Color of Love Blog Hop. Today, I welcome author Harper Miller back to the blog.



Hi All,


I want to thank Natasha for allowing me to use her blog as a part of the Color of Love blog hop!


This is my first time participating, and I’m excited to introduce readers to my work. Thank you to Love Bites and Silk for coming up with this awesome concept! My name is Harper Miller, and as I type this post, I’m celebrating my first year in self-publishing. A year ago today, I published my very first book, The Sweetest Taboo: An Unconventional Romance. Extremely unconventional in a sense that it’s about two people who meet by chance and discover they have quite a bit in common, specifically, a deep interest in D/s and BDSM.


Micah and Rick were so much fun to write. When I see a lot of books that feature D/s and BDSM on the market, the most popular ones tend to cast the Dom as a douchebag. He has no redeemable qualities, but the woman (who is a mess herself) seems to love him no matter what. No, no, nooo! Fiction is fiction, but I became tired of seeing these types of relationships combined with a lack of character depth. I decided to write my own story. What happens after the couple leaves the club and play is done? How do they navigate the relationship aspect when neither person wants to be completely vulnerable with their heart?

This is covered in The Sweetest Taboo. It’s my version of a kinky love story.



I hope you’re interested enough to check it out! Be sure to visit the other blogs participating in the hop!

You can purchase The Sweetest Taboo: An Unconventional Romance at the following e-book retailers:



All Romance: http://ow.ly/U5Aw4







Giveaway
Make a comment on this post with your email and you'll be entered to win a $5 Gift Card to Amazon.
One commenter will be selected at random.
For adults 18 & over only. Void where prohibited by law.





First Book Box BookBox: embed book widget, share book list Second Book Box BookBox: embed book widget, share book list 


9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting Natasha! You rock my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in the Color of Love Blog Hop. Thanks for the post, Natasha. Depth to a Dom so he's not an ass, but a real person. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree there are a lot of jerky Doms in romance!

    --Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your my new authors and then i like the one who are her sound like great how

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've had a completely different reading experience when it comes to this particular genre. That being said, kudos to you for deciding to write your own stories. Good luck in your future endeavors. P.S. if you'd like a list of extremely sensitive and knowledgeable authors, please feel free to pm me on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on one year of self-pubbing, Harper. I've been fortunate in finding my own erotic reads with excellent writing and cast. I do understand the frustration with the mentioned type of Dom, though. I'm not particularly fond of jerks myself (redeemed or not). kanoko.han@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harper. I like your idea of making the Dom a real person. To be honest I am one of those readers who don't particularly enjoy D/s books and perhaps it is for the reason you've identified. Thanks for being part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trix won the $5 Gift Card. I will be emailing her shortly. Thanks everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

.scrollbox { height:100px; width:400px; overflow:auto; }